Curated by: Molly Nesbit, Hans Ulrich Obrist
and Rirkrit Tiravanija
|Project status: 158 posters online
|Utopia Station Performance Schedule
For the opening days of the Venice Biennale
All events, unless otherwise specified, take place in the Utopia Station space and adjoining garden in the Venice Arsenale.
For more information regarding the Biennale (opening hours, directions, ticket prices) visit: http://labiennale.org/
Daily Ongoing Performances
- Christoph Schlingensief, Church of Fear, a seven-day performance at the entrance of the Giardini (June 11-17th)
- Shimabuku will fly kites
- Anatoli Osmolowski, “To walk in dressing gown”
- RAM (RadioArteMobile), Zerynthia in collaboration with Franz West, radio emissions with different guests will take place between June 12-14th. More Info
- Architectural performance of Martha Rosler and her Oleanna group
- Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset, "Spelling U-T-O-P-I-A" (June 11-15th)
- Agnès Varda at the entrance of her cabane à patates (potato shack)
- Karl Holmquist will act as the master of ceremonies for the performances on the opening days of the Utopia Station. Each day the Station will open with a performance by him and a chorus (TBA)
- TBA Eyal Weizman (in Venice from the 12-14th ) discussion around the issue of single state identity in Palestine today.
- TBA Tomislav Gotovac evening performance.
Thursday, June 12th / PRESS DAY (10h-14h)
- 12h ongoing performances begin with Karl Holmqvist and Agnès Varda
- 13h Multiplicity, The Road Map
- 14h Jonas Mekas Films (1st show):
Williamsburg, Brooklyn (2003), 12 min.,
Song of Avignon (1966/2000), 10 mins.
Mysteries (1966/2002), 38 min. Music: Phil Glass.
- 15h Edouard Glissant will speak on "Utopia"
- 16h The Utopian City by Ilya and Emilia Kabakov a film by Thomas Kellein, Christiane Heuwinkel and Jochen Kopp, 30 min.
- 17h Jonas Mekas Films (2nd show)
- 17h in the Archive of the Biennale the Utopia Station curators will take present in the 99 days project
Friday, June 13th
- 10h CCA Kitakyushu will present the Bridge the Gap book
- 11h Wong Hoy Cheong performance
- 12h Ongoing performances begin with Karl Holmqvist and Agnès Varda
- 13h Panel discussion by Stefano Boeri, Yona Friedman, Rem Koolhaas, and Tamas Zanko.
- 14h Anri Sala and Edi Rama, screening of Dammi i colori (2003) and discussion
- 15h Martha Rosler performance with the Oleanna group
- 16h Premiere of Lawrence Weiner's DVD Sink or Swim
Saturday, June 14th
- 10h30 Love Difference Ufficio hosts a meeting of the commissioners and curators of the pavilions representing the countries bordering on the Mediterranean
- 12 Perche presents
- 12h30 Anatoli Osmolowski, reading
- 13h ongoing performances begin with Karl Holmqvist and Agnès Varda
- 14h Lucia Prandi, presented by Marco de Michelis and Angela Vettese
- 15h The View from Asia: panel discussion by Shimabuku, Yang Fudong, Kamin Lertchaiprasert and Wong Hoy Cheong
- 16h30 John Bock performance
|© 2003 e-flux | contact: email@example.com | site designed by: anna arbuckle | code and maintenance by visionear|